As the Conservative MP for Batley and Spen, I will ensure that the Conservative Party’s huge manifesto commitments on the NHS benefit the people of Batley and Spen. The local NHS is safe in both my hands and the hands of a Conservative Government.
These key commitments include:
- Extra funding for the NHS, with 50,000 more nurses and 50 million more GP surgery appointments a year.
- A record £34 billion extra by the end of the Parliament in additional funding for the NHS
- 6,000 more doctors in general practice and 6,000 more primary care professionals, such as physiotherapists and pharmacists. This is on top of the 7,500 extra nurse associates and 20,000 primary care professionals that the Conservative Government has already announced.
- Treating mental health with the same urgency as physical health
- Ending unfair hospital car parking charges at Dewsbury Hospital by making parking free for those in greatest need, including disabled people, frequent outpatient attenders, parents of sick children staying overnight and staff working night shifts. This will eliminate costs for those in need, while making sure there are enough spaces for everyone.
- Clamping down on health tourism, ensuring that those from overseas who use NHS services pay their fair share. And increasing the NHS surcharge paid by those from overseas.
As your Member of Parliament, I will make sure that we get our fair share of the extra resources and investment – to make it easier for everyone to see a GP, end unfair hospital car park charges and also to get more investment into Dewsbury Hospital. As your Member of Parliament, I will make sure that we get our fair share of the extra resources and investment – to make it easier for everyone to see a GP, end unfair hospital car park charges and also to get more investment into Dewsbury Hospital.
On one last point , there has also been a lot of scaremongering about the NHS and any future trade deals, including with the USA. As the manifesto confirms: “ When we are negotiating trade deals, the NHS will not be on the table. The price the NHS pays for drugs will not be on the table. The services the NHS provides will not be on the table”. I will make sure a Conservative Government sticks to those principles and indeed it will.
So for those worried about this issue or those being told that it will happen by those who prefer to spread untruths about a Conservative Government’s intentions – please be assured under a Conservative Government, it will not happen.
For those who want to read more about our first-class plans for the NHS, please visit Page on our manifesto: https://vote.conservatives.com/our-plan.
The NHS is not only safe in our hands, it is better in our hands. Record investment, more doctors, more nurses, more appointments, an end to unfair parking charges and a lot more. That is what a Conservative Government will deliver and what I, as your Conservative Member of Parliament, will make happen.
Mark Brooks OBE
Conservative Parliamentary Candidate
Batley and Spen